Many homeowners do not understand the importance of regular roof maintenance that could keep their roofs strong and lasting for many more years. Negligence can lead to serious damage, which can cost a homeowner a lot of money in repairs, or even a new roofing system all together.
The Shingle Roof Professionals
Asphalt shingle roofs have long been one of the most popular roofing materials chosen for new roofing installations, but are they the right roof for you? The reason for the widespread nature of this roofing option comes with the idea of it being one of the least expensive options for roofing. Asphalt shingle roofing installations are also one of the most well-known options for roofers and homeowners for replacement. Three tab shingle installations come in many styles and many colors to suit the needs of a homeowner. These roofing installations can also come with a series of advantages.
- The largest advantage regarding asphalt shingles comes with the reduction in expenses as well as the quick ease of installation. These are systems that can be easily put up and repaired. There’s also the chance to quickly layer one set on top of another and cut down on the total amount of costs and installation time.
- Newer fiberglass shingles can also be labeled as fire resistant and highly insulated. These types of shingles also are far more resistant to algae and mold which can break down some of the other shingle types.
- An asphalt shingle will typically last for around 20 years making it a valuable choice for many homeowners that are interested in installing a new roof.
Challenges to Consider With Shingle Roofs:
- These roofing systems are amongst the most fragile on the market. A falling tree or major storm can often dislodge shingles or even lead to granule loss which can expose elements of the roof. When granules or areas of the roofing system dislodge, this can also lead to areas where water will pool and cause problems with drainage across the entire roofing system.
- If you are planning on staying in your home for more than 20 years it may be wise to invest in another roofing installation to cut down your costs for roofing repairs over time.
Trust the No. 1 Shingle Roofing Company in South Florida With Your Roofing Needs
Ranger Roofing has been serving Palm Beach County for more than 35 years with experience in shingle, metal, tile and flat roofs. We will provide you with all the options available for your roofing needs, providing you with the best knowledge to make your final decision.
Learn More About Your Roof
Investing in a new roofing system is a major decision, and with so much information about different types of roofs, which one is right for you? Take a deeper look at the three main roofing systems and let us help you make a decision that works best for you and your home.